Data Protection Officer
- Job Ref: J018079NB
- Sector: Insurance
- Location: Dublin C.C.
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
Our client is a leading multinational insurance firm with offices in Dublin city centre. They are currently recruiting for a Data Protection Officer (DPO) who's role will be to provide accurate and commercially focused advice on Data Protection and privacy issues as they relate to GDPR, ensuring that all relevant business units are compliant with all existing and future Data Protection and privacy-related obligations. The role will have exposure to all areas of the business and duties will include:
- Playing a key role in managing the company's EU compliance programme in advance of the GDPR Regulation.
- Being a key point of contact for the business with any relevant Supervisory Authorities and any data protection queries from consumers and the business.
- Managing investigations and complaints from the Data Protection Commissioner.
- Providing Data Protection guidance to the business on key projects and initiatives to ensure compliance with GDPR.
- Regularly monitoring compliance with GDPR.
Requirements for this Role
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 4 - 5 years of experience in Data Protection or in a Compliance role with Data Protection responsibilities.
- Legal or relevant 3rd level qualification.
- Data protection qualification (CIPT, CDPO, CIPP, etc).
- IT / Risk Qualifications will also be preferred.
- Expert knowledge of national and European data protection laws and practices and an in-depth and detailed knowledge of GDPR.
- Knowledge of the general insurance sector, products, services, classes of insurance including underlying legal principles and practices.
- Project management experience and the ability to solve problems with good analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and assertively, verbally and in writing, to clearly express logically reasoned ideas.
About Our Client
Our client is a large multinational Insurance firm with operations in Dublin.
c €90k plus excellent benefits is on offer to attract the best candidates.