- Job Ref: J017491EM
- Sector: Insurance
- Location: Dublin C.C.
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
A Financial Controller position has arisen for a newly created entity within an existing insurance group with operations in Ireland. Working closely with the CFO, you will be a critical contributor for the key deliverables for the Finance function. This is an excellent opportunity for a seasoned accountant or actuary.
- Support the CFO in the management of the Finance function and ensuring all relevant deliverables are achieved.
- Engagement with Senior Management on key financial matters.
- Production and presentation of management information packages for internal management, Group and Board of Directors.
- Oversight of all local regulatory reporting including ensuring the timely and accurate completion and submission of the Solvency II returns and follow up queries from the CBI.
- Liaising with all parties such as the Head of Valuations, Finance Director and Head of Actuarial Function in relation to solvency II reporting.
- Technical analysis of changing IFRS accounting standards (such as IFRS 17) and regulations to include impact analysis, in conjunction with the actuarial valuation team.
- Coordination with the business development, operations and finance teams in relation to new business analysis and on-boarding. Financial and actuarial valuation input to large and/or special deals.
- Coordination with internal and external stakeholders is relation to investments, treasury and collateral management.
Requirements for this Role
- Qualified Accountant or Actuary with at least 7 years PQE.
- Reinsurance/Insurance experience.
- Solution focused individual with strong analytical skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Strong communication skills and comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders .
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global reinsurer.
Remuneration will be competitive commensurate with the level of the role.