Head of Finance, Insurance
- Job Ref: J017967 EM
- Sector: Insurance
- Location: Dublin C.C.
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
An exciting opportunity for a Head of Finance has arisen with one of Ireland's largest financial services groups. Reporting to the Finance Director, this PCF level role, will have responsibility for the preparation, review and sign off of financial, regulatory and management accounting information for the Irish Group. This senior position will have the following responsibilities:
- The preparation of and delivery of Solvency II quarterly and yearly returns to the CBI
- The control and management of group wide financial reporting timelines and materiality
- The management of the relationship with external auditors
- The management of the financial and management reporting relationships with Group on behalf of the Irish division
- The management of the group wide budget process and associated group earnings reporting to group and local Boards
- Control and reporting of CBI quarterly and annual financial returns (in partnership with Actuarial team)
- Assessment and adoption of new reporting standards including accounting, statutory and regulatory rules/requirements
- Running group wide financial development projects, for example the financial reporting aspects of Solvency 2 and the transition of all Irish companies general ledger systems to SAP,
- Clean 2 project and supporting the IFRS17 local and Group-wide project
- Preparing financial updates and reports to the Board Audit Committee and Irish executive team
- The development of the Finance Strategy for the Irish Group and the implementation of this.
Requirements for this Role
- Qualified accountant with executive level experience for at least 5 years.
- Be financially articulate and have a clear ability to read financial trends within the business.
- Have operated in a senior leadership role in a highly regulated environment
- Have a strong track record in successfully leading large finance teams
- Have awareness of control environments within financial systems and ability to address weakness
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Insurance Group.
Remuneration will be competitive commensurate with the seniority of the role.