Head of Finance
- Job Ref: J017928EM
- Sector: Financial Services
- Location: Dublin C.C.
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
Our client is recruiting for a Head of Finance to lead an experienced finance team reporting directly to the Chief Financial and Operating Officer. This senior position will have the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and direction to the Finance team to ensure they are engaged, focussed, developed and delivering to their potential.
- Support the business in the achievement of its strategic and business goals by driving a strong financial control culture and robust accounting framework whilst providing business partnering and advice to the business.
- Identify and evaluate financial risks facing the business and support the CFOO in delivering an appropriate financial control assurance environment.
- Keep abreast of upstream financial reporting developments and support the business in ensuring timely adoption of new accounting pronouncements and relevant codes of practice.
- Present to the Executive Management Team, Board and Audit and Risk Committee on Finance related matters.
- Bring influence and guidance to the CFOO Senior Management Team on the delivery of strategic objectives.
- Promote staff awareness of financial control issues, including design and delivery of appropriate compliance training in relation to relevant regulations, codes of practice and the business’s compliance related codes and policies.
- Maintain a positive relationship with all stakeholders and relevant oversight parties, both internal and external, including Senior Executives, Agency members, Internal and External auditors.
- Lead the year end Audit with Comptroller & Auditor General.
- Compile and challenge multi-year expenditure budgets, forecasts and plans
- Promote and support a change and continuous improvement culture through effective strategic leadership introducing system and process efficiencies whilst maintaining a robust control environment.
Requirements for this Role
- Strong track record in finance ideally within a financial or group entity organisation.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant experience operating at a senior level.
- Strong track record of partnering with senior executives in a variety of disciplines.
- Ability to understand and analyse complex financial transactions.
- Manage teams of professionally qualified and skilled staff.
About Our Client
Our client is a leading financial institution.
Remuneration will be competitive commensurate with experience.