Head of Internal Audit
- Job Ref: J016802JL
- Sector: Large Corporate
- Location: Dublin North
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
Outstanding opportunity for an ambitious, highly motivated Chartered Accountant with a strong commercial acumen to join a fast-growing Irish Group, as Head of Internal Audit. Role will involve managing all aspects of the Internal Audit, during an exciting time in the groups development as it gears up for a period of further growth and expansion both organically and by acquisition, both on a domestic and international basis. Focus will be on:
- Leading, and creating a best-in-class internal audit function
- Setting the strategic and operational objectives of the internal audit department, and monitoring and reporting achievement of these to the Audit Committee
- Design and delivery of a robust audit plan
- identification of key areas of improvement and the effective reporting of these areas to management and the Audit Committee
- Providing advice to management on governance risks and controls, working closely with the Risk & Compliance functions
- Adding value and improving operational performances throughout a range of different businesses both in Ireland and overseas.
- Acting as a primary point of contact for the external auditors
Company offers excellent opportunity to progress and develop career.
Requirements for this Role
Successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Highly driven and ambitious Chartered Accountant with minimum seven to eight years’ PQE
- Large company audit experience, either coming directly from Industry or Practice
- Preferably a Big 4 training background
- Excellent communication and networking skills, with the ability to facilitate business units in understanding risks and developing effective controls
- Strong commercial acumen, and ability to understand the key drivers in diverse businesses, must be solutions driven, and be able to influence at all levels.
About Our Client
Our client is a fast growing, diversified Irish Group embarking on a period of further growth and expansion.
Attractive remuneration package will apply, commensurate with experience.