Project Accountant Finance
- Job Ref: J017903EM
- Sector: Financial Services
- Location: Dublin C.C.
- Job Type: Permanent
- Salary: Negotiable
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a project accountant to join the finance team of this financial services institution. It represents an excellent opportunity for a finance professional to take up a challenging position supporting the finance function with the implementation of a key system for the organisation. Initially the role will focus on a Portfolio Management System (PMS) implementation and will evolve over time to support other finance projects. Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the day-to-day delivery of Finance team's tasks as part of Phase 2 of the PMS implementation
- Assist with identifying the ‘as is’ process operating within the Finance team to ensure all relevant team tasks are identified for inclusion in the PMS implementation;
- Review tender documentation to ensure all in-scope requirements are included in the project implementation schedules
- In cooperation with the Reporting team establish a monetary cost budget for the PMS Project and report outturn against budget to the Project Board on a regular basis;
- Liaise closely with the project team during the implementation of the project acting as the link between the project and Finance;
- Gather relevant data from current systems for initial testing and ensure financial data is complete and accurate before migration to production;
- Co-ordinate UAT testing within the Finance team and ensure testing is completed on time;
- Assisting with the documentation of processes / procedures / controls as required.
Requirements for this Role
- A professional accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar) with at least 3 years post qualification experience.
- Finance systems projects including data migration experience would be an advantage.
- Experience in financial services or in the banking sector is advantageous.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
About Our Client
Our client is a leading financial institution.
Remuneration will be competitive commensurate with experience.