Starting a Job Search?
If you are currently on the look-out for a new job, one of the most important things to consider is the structure and layout of your CV. After all, your CV is the first thing prospective employers will see and need to make the best impression you possibly can. Although it may sound like a simple task, formatting your CV so that it is easy to read with relevant points is one of the most important steps in the job application process. Your CV should be clear, simple and to the point, you can download our free CV template here. A commonly used font should be used and when considering content, it is helpful to stick to a number of important headings:
- Person Details - Include name, address, mobile number, email address and a short personal profile.
- Education and Qualifications - In reverse chronological order detail your academic background.
- Work Experience - In reverse chronological order.
- Specific Skills / Languages / Systems experience - Include relevant details.
- Interests - Any non-work related achievements.
- References - There is no need to state specific referees on your CV. Instead state that references are available on request.
A CV should be no longer than 2-3 pages. Be concise when summarising your skills, use bullet points and avoid lengthy paragraphs. A good CV should have enough detail to interest the reader so they wish to meet with you. It should not be so detailed as to provide the reader with information to rule you out! Think of your CV as a personal brochure or a 20 second interview. Don't overfill it with unimportant information.
Now that your CV is up to date and ready to go, what's next?
Contact FK International with your up to date CV. We will discuss currently available and suitable roles. If no suitable roles at the time, we will work with you to find the right opportunity. We are always available in the future to discuss future opportunities. We have developed strong bonds with people from recently qualified to CFO level during our 20 years in business.