Top Tips for Recently Qualified Accountants coming out of contract
Developed by FK International, RecentlyQualified.com is a website specifically for Newly Qualified Accountants. Our top tips below outline the main areas to focus on and think about when approaching the end of your contract.
1. Start early - It is always good to start thinking about your next move as early as possible. Don’t put it on the long finger.
2. CV Prep - Prepare your CV as soon as you can. This is the first impression you make on any prospective employer.
3. Think - What do you want to do now, and more importantly in the future.
4. Know your end date - Speak to your current employer and get a final word on whether you have an offer to stay on in your current firm. Don’t leave it to the last minute to ask.
5. Research - Research the jobs market. Speak with your peers. Get to know your recruitment consultant and ask them questions.
6. Salary - While salary is important, the right role is more important. Know your salary range but keep focus on your career path.
7. Prepare - Study and prepare for interviews. Separate yourself from your peers.
8. Practice - Ask your recruiter to do a mock interview with you. Practice will get you to your optimum interview performance level.
Visit the RecentlyQualified.com for jobs opportunities, CV advice, interview tips and career maps. Meet our Recently Qualified team and have a confidential discussion with our qualified and experienced consultants including three Chartered Accountants.