An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a rapidly growing financial services firm as CFO. Working closely with the Managing Principal, you will be involved in leading a small finance team to the highest professional standards. You will ensure that the business operates best in class financial systems and processes which are fully aligned to support the operational development of the business. A commercial focus with the ability to help drive the strategic development, growth and profitability of the business will be important. Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead company accounting and financial management function ensuring that this is underpinned by effective financial controls such that the function is ‘investor ready’.
- Ensure accounting policies and practices comply with relevant accounting standards.
- Oversee the accurate and timely preparation of statutory and monthly management accounts, including cash and performance forecasts.
- Formulate financial plans in accordance with the strategy, as set down by the Board.
- Manage and further develop relationships with key stakeholders, including the company’s shareholders, banks, tax advisors and auditors.
- Partner with the CEO to drive implementation of the firm’s strategic objectives as required to achieve its 4-year operational and financial goals.
- Help drive the commercial agenda of the business and ensure that a clear understanding of the business imperatives always exists within the leadership team.
- Deliver excellence in all Board governance matters. Ensure that the Board is provided with relevant management information to monitor and assess business performance.
Requirements for this Role
- Professionally qualified accountant with experience as a successful CFO/Finance Director contributing to strategic development and profitability of a rapidly growing business
- Proven ability to enhance/build a finance function to enable effective engagement with external (non-management) investors and lenders
- Clear thinking with excellent analytical skills
- Significant experience of working with Shareholders, Banks and Private Equity partners.
About Our Client
Our client is a PE backed, leading financial services firm headquartered in Dublin.
Remuneration will be competitive commensurate with the seniority of the role.