When looking at how Asset Management is evolving there's no doubt that a more sustainable approach to investing is taking centre-place – and rightly so.
With this in mind, a leading Asset Manager is currently seeking an ESG expert to lead Responsible Investing at the firm.
Your role in advising the Global Investment team will be to evaluate the Sustainability both of new investment opportunities and of current positions that the funds hold. This will see you contributing your viewpoint to investment discussions with central involvement in the portfolio management process.
You’ll have a variety of research, operational and analytical responsibilities with the aim of enhancing the firm’s sustainable investing philosophy and approach – which is now the central plank of their investment policy.
- Identify emerging ESG topics and with the executive team work on integrating them into overall investment approach.
- Contribute to the investment process researching and generating responsible investment ideas for portfolio management.
- Develop responsible investing policy documentation, proxy voting systems and relationships with UNPRI and 3rd party ESG research providers.
- Engage with companies pre and post investment to advise on key ESG & sustainability issues – proactively engaging to advise on opportunities for change.
- Articulate ESG approach to internal & external stakeholders in fund materials, client meetings, RFP responses, etc.
Requirements for this Role
- Previous experience in Responsible Investing OR with a background in Environmental or Sustainable Consulting.
- An appetite for assessing the quality of listed securities through in-depth Sustainability analysis.
- Knowledge of ESG concepts, investment process integration and reporting frameworks such as UNPRI, SASB and TCFD, etc.
You’ll be working remotely for the foreseeable future aiming for a hybrid flexible working model thereafter. Remuneration will be competitive with Pension and Annual Bonus being particularly strong.
This role will suit you if you’re passionate about ESG/Sustainability related investing and the principles it supports and are enthusiastic about further integrating this approach into the firm’s fundamental investing strategies.
The firm you’ll be joining is a prominent asset management firm with assets growing substantially in recent years to over €20bn AUM. Responsible Investing informs every decision, and they currently operate 3 funds with solely ESG or Low Carbon strategies.
Please do send on whatever version of your CV you have at hand and would be happy to have a call to discuss in more detail from there.
About Our Client
Investment Management firm
Salary and bonus potential in line with seniority of position.