Excellent opportunity for an ambition Accountant with strong technical accounting skills to join the finance function of one of Ireland’s leading Plc’s. Reporting to the Finance Director, role involve:
- Working cross functionally to complete the Group Annual and Interim reports and statutory accounts for subsidiary entities
- Acting as the main point of contact for the external auditors
- Completion of complex technical areas of accounting such as acquisition accounting, share based payments, EPS, hedge accounting, pension accounting and FX. Also supporting finance colleagues across the business on complex/non-routine accounting matters
- Ensuring the Group remains fully prepared and compliant with new accounting standards
- Ad hoc projects as required.
As the Group finance team is relatively small, the Head of Statutory Accounting will gain significant experience and exposure to most areas, and will have access to enormous future career progression opportunities.
Requirements for this Role
Ideal candidate will have the following background
- Qualified Accountant, with Big 4 training background
- Relevant Group reporting in a plc environment, or may possibly me at Manager/ Senior Manager level in practice
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Strong analytical ability and excellent numerical skills, with a strong attention to detail
- Flexible self-starter with a high level of initiative
- Team player with strong communication skills;
About Our Client
Our client is leading, well established Plc with a strong track record to date and well positioned for future growth and development.
Competitive salary and benefits (bonus, pension, health insurance).