Senior Manager – Model Validation is to provide a senior independent assessment as to the efficacy of proposed and implemented models within the bank. The role holder will be responsible for bringing independent thought and demonstrate appropriate challenge to model design, development, implementation and use.
Acting as a senior advisor to the Head of Model Risk your chief role here is to add real-world context to model risk. This means assessing the wider macro-economic picture and how likely consumer behaviour affects the bank's models.
Your main goal then is to ensure models have real relevance in their ability to forecast for the future – and are not just models to 'tick a box'.
On top of this, you'll be the main contact point for the model risk function with both the Central Bank & the Executive Board.
- Lead the independent initial validation of models and provide opinion as to fitness for purpose to Model Owners and Governance committees which is a condition for approval for use;
- Lead the independent periodic validation of models and provide opinion as to fitness for purpose to Model Owners and Governance committees which is a condition for on-going use;
- Develop and maintain appropriate standards, models and techniques for validating and assessing model performance;
- Interact with model owners and model developers, particularly during model development projects, encouraging fora for the exchange of ideas, tabling of issues, discussion and challenge of critical modelling decisions
Requirements for this Role
- A high level of quantitative ability up to at least undergraduate degree level in a highly numerically oriented subject
- Proven ability to communicate the output of quantitative analysis, in particular to a nontechnical audience who will need to make decisions based on your advices
There will be a large degree of remote work possible for this role.
Please do send on whatever version of your CV you have at hand and would be happy to have a call to discuss in more detail from there.
About Our Client
€100-125k | Pension 12-15%