An exciting opportunity to join the growing team of a leading global insurer based in Dublin has arisen. Reporting to the Life Division's CAO your role will involve providing technical accounting guidance to the Division as well as working closely with the IFRS 17 implementation team. Responsibilities will include:
- Providing technical accounting guidance to the Division.
- Coordinating Life Divisional reporting within the quarter and year close cycles, with particular focus on maintaining clear lines of communication between the markets, Life Divisional management and Group, providing input into the Life Divisional Clearance and Audit Committee processes.
- To foster and maintain strong ongoing relationships with external audit firms, to ensure smooth audit process, anticipating material topics in advance of year-end and facilitating timely resolution of all issues raised through audit review.
- To champion across the division, the standardisation and where appropriate automation of the reporting process, in collaboration with group functions and markets, looking to identify best practices across the group, looking to streamline reporting processes, while ensuring strong controls are in place.
- Development and testing of accounting schemes related to IFRS 17 across the life systems (SAS, Omega) including mapping aspects to Group tools (SAP).
Requirements for this Role
- A qualified accountant with a strong technical accounting skillset.
- 5-7 years post qualification experience in either the insurance of financial services sector.
- Have financial audit experience, with an understanding of audit processes and financial controls.
- Experience in providing technical accounting guidance, to either internal or external stakeholders
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global insurer.
Remuneration will be competitive commensurate with experience.