An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced internal auditor to join the team of a leading insurance group. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the planning, execution and reporting of audits at Group level and supporting the wider audit delivery in subsidiaries, in order to provide an independent and objective assessment of internal controls to management. Key responsibilities will include:
- Ensures the effective completion of audit phases (planning, execution, completion & draft reporting) of the audit process for assigned elements, including those of a complex nature, ensuring timely, complete and accurate outputs.
- Effectively communicates with IA management and leadership on audit status, issues and reporting.
- Drafts audit issues and develops valid conclusions resulting in specific business process and internal control recommendations, while considering implementation requirements.
- Adheres to Internal Audit departmental audit standards and other relevant external professional auditing standards (e.g. IIA professional standards).
- Assists in the development of Internal Audit departmental audit methodologies, processes and tools.
- Supports ongoing management and communication of audit scheduling and staffing for the audit plan through effective coordination with senior audit management and business stakeholders.
Requirements for this Role
- CPA/ACA/ACCA/CIA designation (or equivalent) preferred
- Relevant internal and/or external audit experience required (typically 3-4 years, ideally including 'Big-Four')
- Knowledge of insurance/reinsurance industries, including corporate investment and corporate finance areas.
About Our Client
Our client is a leading insurance group.
Remuneration will be competitive commensurate with experience.