A newly created position has arisen with a leading aircraft leasing company. Reporting to the Head of Treasury and working closely with the CFO and the finance team, you will develop and implement a long-term, best practice in-house Hedge Accounting solution for the Group. Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of processes and reports detailing outstanding derivative positions.
- Interaction and answering of queries from the shareholder working group with respect to hedged positions.
- Provide timely management information and analysis in respect of all derivative positions.
- Contribute to the balance sheet management objectives of the company through the provision of information to facilitate the efficient matching of asset and liability risks.
- In conjunction with the Head of Treasury, provide Deal team support to ensure the group is adequately protecting itself from interest rate risk by
utilising appropriate hedging strategies.
- Coach and train other Treasury and Finance team members in respect of interest rate hedging, valuing, reporting and accounting for derivatives.
- Lead Hedge Accounting transition to IFRS 9 and other initiatives.
- Liaising with all external and internal parties to ensure hedge accounting position is efficiently maintained/improved upon (including auditors etc).
Requirements for this Role
- Qualified accountant with strong treasury accounting experience.
- Highly motivated candidate with excellent attention to detail and numerical ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
About Our Client
Our client is a global top ten aircraft leasing company.
Remuneration will be competitive commensurate with experience.