An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified accountant to join the finance team of a leading aircraft lessor. You will have the opportunity to join their Finance team to support the achievement of their business strategy and to work closely with their leasing and trading business, to develop your commercial acumen and oversee all accounting aspects of their aircraft transactions. This role represents a unique opportunity for candidates with vision, energy and ambition to also contribute to the rest of the Finance team, while working within a multi-disciplinary organisation. Key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for monthly reporting to Senior Management & Shareholders, and assisting with quarterly and annual audit & statutory reporting
- Perform reviews and reconciliations for key balance sheet and income statement accounts on a monthly basis, in accordance with the internal controls framework
- Process leasing transactions to ensure they are recorded appropriately in the relevant systems
- Liaise with and support commercial and other teams to enable the execution of a broad range of transactions
- Provide input and technical accounting advice on transactions (including discussion and debate with management, shareholders and auditors)
- Process documentation and improvement
Requirements for this Role
- Relevant honours degree together with a recognised accountancy qualification
- Minimum 3+ years post qualified accounting experience
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and experience in the preparation and reporting of financial statements under IFRS
- Proven track record working in a fast paced, dynamic, service orientated environment
- Knowledge of the aviation industry would be highly advantageous
About Our Client
Our client is a leading player in the aircraft leasing sector.
Remuneration will be competitive commensurate with experience.